RSS

Cookies, Oh How I Love Thee...



Cookies, Cookies, Cookies!!

I love trying out and tweaking recipes I find randomly on-line. I do it with pretty much EVERYTHING including main dishes, cakes, cookies, and pretty much anything I cook or bake. I was in the baking mood tonight and wanted to try out two new cookie recipes I found and have been wanting to test.
Here it goes.....
____________________________________________________

Brownie Cookies

Ingredients:
1/4 cup of butter, unsalted
1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
3/4 cups of granulated sugar
3 whole eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or flavor
1 cup of all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
1/4 teaspoon of salt
(can omit the salt if you use salted butter)

Optional Ingredients:
Mini marshmallows
Chopped pecans
Chopped walnuts
Melted caramel

Preparation Instructions:
In a microwave safe bowl, slowly melt the butter and chocolate chips until the butter is melted and the chocolate begins to melt. Remove from the microwave and stir until all of the chocolate chips have completely melted.

In a separate bowl, beat together the sugar, eggs and vanilla until mixed well.

Next, add the melted chocolate mixture and add in the remaining ingredients.

Refridgerate this dough for at least one hour, or until it reaches a manageable consistency.

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.

Using a tablespoon or melon baller, drop dough onto your baking sheets. Make sure to leave a few inches of space in between each ball of dough. Bake your cookies for around 12 minutes!


Cookie Dough Sprinkled With Chopped Pecans (Pre-Baking)

Estimated Preparation Time:
1 hour and 15 minutes

Cook Time:
12 minutes

Number of Servings: 
Approximately 24


They even "cracked" like brownies do!!

Chocolately Goodness!!


Needless to say, these have earned my approval! The only bad thing I can really say about this recipe is that unless you add nuts, caramel or marshmallows, I would think they would be a little bland. Maybe that is because I am not CRAZY about just plain jane chocolate. =)
____________________________________________________
 
Honey Shortbread Cookies
 
Ingredients:
1 cup plus 2 teaspoons of salted butter; softened
6 tablespoons plus 3/4 teaspoon of honey
3/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract of flavor
2 cups plus 5 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
 
Preparation Instructions:
Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
 
Cream together butter and honey with a mixer until very smooth.
 
Then, add in the vanilla and after mix in the flour until it forms a thick dough.
 
Roll out about a tablespoon of dough and place it on an ungreased cookie sheet.
 
Press each ball of dough flat with the bottom of a floured glass and then back for 25 minutes or until the edges have browned.
 

Dust with powdered sugar to add an extra hint of sweetness!


Estimated Preparation Time:
15 minutes

Cook Time:
20 minutes

Number of Servings:
Approximately 20


Make sure that the edges are nice and brown!
I know I always tend to underbake shortbread cookies!!

These honey shortbread cookies would be oh so yummy with a honey confectioners glaze!!


Overall, I did enjoy these over the brownie cookies. I do believe it may have something to do with loving butter. Paula Deen is a woman after my own heart!! I am excited to tweak this recipe a little bit next time and add a little almond of anise extract for a little kick!
____________________________________________________


Yes, this isn't my cake decorating post like I mentioned... but it hasn't been a few weeks now has it? I hope everything has a fantastic weekend!!! Please share any phenominal cookie recipes that you have found work for you!

0 comments: